What is B2L?
Born2Lead Youth Conference (B2L) is a national one-day conference for 50 young leaders (ages 16-21), held in conjunction with WiLB, located on the edge of the falls at The Sheraton on the Falls Hotel on October 21, 2019. B2L delegates integrate with WiLB for keynotes, interactive sessions and networking opportunities. Great mentor relationships start here. We believe so much in the development of our future leaders, that we use proceeds from WiLB to fund B2L programming. The two audiences join together in an inspiring session called Perspectives (a highlight of the conference from both sides). Youth gather to learn, grow, connect, find their voice, help define their leader influence, and share that learning with others. They leave changed.This is our differentiator. There is NO other conference anywhere that brings together emerging leaders with senior leaders and offers tailored programming to both streams so that both leave as stronger leaders.
Who Should Attend?
- Female, Grade 11 and 12, College or University student, or Young Professional between the ages of 16-21
- Currently attending high school with a business stream or a post secondary institution in a business program
- Identified by teachers, professors, or guidance counsellors as emerging, high potential leaders and entrepreneurs
- Students with a minimum of two years work or volunteer experience related to a leadership role
- Students with a strong business acumen or who have expressed a strong interest in leadership or entrepreneurial ventures
- Students who have successfully established start up companies
B2L Added Value to Students and Sponsors
- Delegates receive a personalized welcome e-mail from conference organizer and sponsors
- Students are invited to engage in the B2L community from date of registration through social media platforms
- Students can submit questions and ideas related to specific workshops and panel discussions in advance of the conference
- Students will receive sponsor offers via e-blasts pre-conference and for six months post-conference
- Students will receive monthly e-newsletters related to topics of emerging entrepreneurship and leadership